Date:      Thu, 10 May 2012 09:04:16 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
Cc:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: djvu viewers from ports or add capability to view to xpdf, gv or other

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2012, Polytropon wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 May 2012 16:35:03 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear folks,
>>>
>>> How can I add the capability of viewing djvu files to say xpdf or gv
>>> without installing evince?
>>>
>>> Or is there a small djvu viewer available in ports that can be installed
>>> easily?
>>

>> You can install the port "ImageMagick" with support for djvu
>> format. To view a file, simply call "display <file>". Not tested.
>

> Be aware that ImageMagick is the opposite of small.
>
> --

I have successfully installed djview4, but it also pulled in qt stuff.
 I have imagemagick installed, but I did not compile in djvu support
:(

I had a gut feeling that viewers like gv or xpdf would have the
capability to view djvu files, since evince could do this, but I guess
I was wrong.

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Best Regards,

Antonio