Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 08:20:41 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, vns@delta.odessa.ua, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't get vmware to run ( on -current )

"Vladimir N. Silyaev" wrote:

> > I created a new configuration and the only problem seems
> > to be the following error messages:
> > a) about missing /dev/rtc and
> Exactly, /dev/rtc doesn't supported.

.. and I'm not entirely sure that we can support it easily.  Linux appears
to allow user processes to program the RTC to run at an arbitary frequency
and /dev/rtc is used to count the number of "ticks" since the last time it
was read.  The problem is that we use the RTC for other things and at
specific frequencies (128hz or 1024hz), so I don't think we can easily
emulate /dev/rtc with great precision.

Cheers,
-Peter