Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:28:17 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-XWindow problem

We need some more details about how you setup your X.

More specifically, I am not very sure about which X server is supposed to
run with the Matrox millenium. Can you confirm that ?

If it is actually the SVGA server, you may have a configuration problem
that can be solved by reconfiguring it.

It would be nice to take a look at the output of startx.

could you try

startx > out.txt

and send us the file, so we can see what's going on ?