Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 00:24:28 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "unknown source" <callihn@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Would it be so hard?

Unfortunately you didn't pay _us_ so ultimately we don't care if you feel you
wasted your money or not.  Sorry but that's the way it is.  You should try
contacting the people that you did pay, they will be a lot more concerned.

>SO you had better hope they like
>the ideal of how it is currently maintained and distibuted and remember
>there are more lazy idiots in the world than there are geniuses.

There's such a thing as a customer that costs you more money than you will
ever realize in profit from them.  Lazy idiot customers that aren't willing to
pay much are definitely in this group.  Lazy idiot customers who ARE willing
to pay aren't - but Microsoft speciallizes in collecting those.

FreeBSD as a whole benefits when "customers" who are willing to learn and
contribute to it start using the OS.  It is harmed when customers who are
unwilling to learn and unwilling to contribute start consuming what resources
there are out in the community.  If setting up a few simple hurdles to go over
such as making people patch their own stuff will filter out that second group
then I'm all for it.  It doesen't seem to have filtered out the customers from
the first group.  Which group are you in?