Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 07:08:17 +1000 (E. Australia Standard Time)
From:      Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jukka_Simil=E4?= <jukka.simila@sveg.se.sykes.com>
Cc:        "'Rick Hamell'" <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, BSD Blood <bsdblood@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Video card to recommend

Maybe Matrox videocards are halfway affordable in yankeeland / europe /
etc but they certainly aren't in OZ. Last time I priced one they wanted
something totally stupid like $400, whereas comparable ATI ones are around
$70.

I've only ever used ATI cards with every O/S and never once had a
problem with them .... the one & only Matrox I've encountered (Win98
system) gave nothing but trouble with weird driver related conflicts ....
not good enough for things with extortionate price !!!!!!