Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:54:30 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Lanny Baron <beef@cybertouch.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: samba and wan

You should read through the smb.conf man page and any READMEs you
find the source dist.

The answer is ``yes but....''.  Basically, you need to configure each
network to push the browse lists to the next one.  If you don't want
to do this, you can still get things to work without the network
neighbourhood browsing by creating DNS aliases on the local network
that point to the real machines - so if a.b.c wants to connect to a
share on d.e.f, you need a d.b.c CNAME that points to d.e.f.

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;