Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 10:05:45 -0400
From:      "Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net>
To:        "Duke Normandin" <dnormandin@freewwweb.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ppp -nat

In my /etc/ppp/ppp/conf I have the line

 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0

 -- that pushes 10.0.0.2 out tun0 (the pseudo interface ppp creates) also,
so my packets being sent to 10.0.0.2 were being sent out to the internet
where tehy were bounced right back by my ISP's router (host unreachable)..

I'm an idiot because right there in the routing table I sent with my first
post was the answer :P

The curious thing is if I removed 10.0.0.2 from the ppp.conf file, my modem
wouldn't connect.. I just changed the IP address of my other FreeBSD box and
went on about my business :-)

I hope that helps someone as I'm using the example configuration in ppp.conf
for nat so I would assume a few more people might see this problem..

-Mitch