Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:35:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   cdrecord Problems After Upgrade

We just upgraded a 3.1-STABLE system to 3.2-STABLE, and now it seems
that 'cdrecord' is broken. The CDD is found fine during startup,

cd0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 2 lun 0
cd0: <HP CD-Writer 6020 1.07> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-2 device
cd0: 3.300MB/s transfers
cd0: cd present [333975 x 2048 byte records]

And CDs can be mounted and read, but cdrecord no longer seems to work
at all. For example,

# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord release 1.6.1 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: Inappropriate ioctl for device. CAMIOCOMMAND ioctl failed.
cdrecord: Inappropriate ioctl for device. Cannot open SCSI driver.

I thought there might be a problem in /dev, so I remade the cd0
devices and SCSI controllers with the new MAKEDEV. No help.

What chaged or what might I have broken in the upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2
to cause this? We used to write CDs with this system regularly (and I
know it is the exact same command that used to work since it is inside
of a script that has not been changed since before the upgrade).

Some extra info,

ahc0: <Adaptec aic7880 Ultra SCSI adapter> rev 0x01 int a irq 9 on pci0.13.0
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs