Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:43:39 -0700
From:      kyrra@mediaone.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multi-Booting

I have been having problems installing FreeBSD.  I beleive when I am
setting up the drive config I screw something up.  Here is a list of
drives and thier configurations:

C:\  is a 7 gig maxtor drive running fat32.  In the FreeBSD setup, it
says that there are 3 partitions on the drive: a small one... 65 bytes
or so.  Then there the main partition.. wd0p1 I believe.  There there is
a third partition which is like 6 or 7 k or so.

D:\ is a 1.6 gig maxtor drive running fat32.  This drive to my guess
should have no involvment in the drive setup.  It has 2 partions,
another 65 byte one and the main one.

E:\ is a 725 meg quantum drive that is completely empty,  there is
another 65 byte partition and then the rest I have setup for freebsd.

This is somewhat of a newer machine, it is a p-233-mmx.  I dont know
what relavence a newer machinewould play in the install, but I want to
give as much info as posible.  I am trying to install freebsd onto the
E:\ which seems to work.  The problem I am having is that after I finish
the install of freebsd and reboot my computer, I get the boot manager
that comes with freebsd, the only menu option is f1 which is  F1  -
??.  I have no idea why it would do that.  but when I hit F1, it boots
up to c:\ which is win95.  I set all the drives to bootable, but that is
something I might me screwing up.  I would be very happy if you could
help me.

Thanks,

James Wendel