Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:37:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two questions on NFS source code

I have spent some time understanding the NQNFS code and have two questions
to ask:

(1) People say we can not do write-behind on the NFS server side. Does
this mean all vnode I/O must be performed with IO_SYNC (or other similar)
flag set on the server side when the I/O is done on behalf of a NFS
client?

(2) NQNFS uses the concept of write slack time.  What will happen if a
NFS client fails to write the modified buffer back to the server's stable
storage within that slack time? Will the late write request be discarded
by the server?

Any help is appreciated.

-Zhihui