Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2018 16:04:36 +0100
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-fcp@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

> On 3 Oct 2018, at 22:05, Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
>=20
> FCP-01010 (https://github.com/freebsd/fcp/blob/master/fcp-0101.md)
> outlines a plan to deprecate most 10/100 Ethernet drivers in FreeBSD =
12
> and remove them in FreeBSD 13 to reduce the burden of maintaining and
> improving the network stack.  We have discussed this within the
> core team and intend to move forward as proposed.  We are solictiting
> feedback on the list of drivers to be excepted from removal.
>=20
> The current list of drivers slated for REMOVAL is:
>=20
> ae, bfe, bm, cs, dme, ed, ep, ex, fe, pcn, rl, sf, smc, sn,
> ste, tl, tx, txp, vx, wb, xe

smc is found in the Arm models (simulators) [1]. I=E2=80=99ve seen it in =
the Foundation and Architecture Envelope Models. I assume it=E2=80=99s =
also in the other models, but don=E2=80=99t have a license for them to =
check.

Andrew

[1] =
https://developer.arm.com/products/system-design/fixed-virtual-platforms