Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:39:02 +0200
From:      Maxime Henrion <mhenrion@cybercable.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crashs with vidcontrol...

        Hello,

    I already sent a mail about this problem a while ago, but it has not
been solved yet. I mail again because I've made a mistake describing the
problem. So, the problem was that when i type "vidcontrol VESA_800x600",
it makes my box crash. I first thought that this was making my box
reboot, but it is a crash because the system is waiting for me to press
a key before rebooting. As it is a problem dealing with graphic modes, i
unfortunately can't see anything that is surely written....
    For those who want more details on my hardware and software
configuration, please look to the "vidcontrol VESA_800x600 makes my box
reboot" mails. You will found information on my hardware configuration
and output of dmesg, vidcontrol -i adapter, vidcontrol -i mode and my
kernel configuration file.
    If i can do anything to help and fix this problem, please let me
know.
    Thank you !

                -Maxime Henrion