Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:56:37 -0800
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux-list@uol.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org, Hiroyuki Aizu <aizu@navi.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with both acpi_thermal and acpi_toshiba

Your ASL has no ThermalZone objects.  Nothing we can do about this, it's
an omission of the BIOS author.  So you have to use a device-specific
driver (i.e. acpi_toshiba) or a generic i2c monitoring package like
lmsensors.

Your acpi_toshiba device seems to implement a different API, one I
haven't seen before.  It appears to be device "VALZ" with HID "TOS1900"
in your ASL.  Perhaps you can look for the linux driver and see if it's
been updated to this interface.  Unfortunately, all we (including Linux)
have to go on is reverse engineering since laptop makers don't publish
the specs to these vendor-specific devices.

--
Nate