Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 06:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/26926: (NEW PORT) osg - Open Scene Graph

The following reply was made to PR ports/26926; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>,
	FreeBSD GNATS DB <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 09:20:10 -0400

 Will Andrews:
  |I've always wondered how people end up with files that don't have an EOL
  |on the last line... never happened to me.

 It's an editor-related thing.  Emacs for example has no problem creating
 files that don't end with EOL (I edit binary files in Emacs on occasion
 because it doesn't insert characters that I don't tell it to).  vi on the
 other hand seems to prefer adding EOL at EOF.

 Randall

 --
 Randall Hopper
 aa8vb@nc.rr.com