Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 12:59:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
To:        Aaron Siegel <bsd-daemon@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Looking for Wireless Network Hardware suggestion

Both the Apple and the Lucent/Orinoco products use a DNS approach in DHCP
that makes FreeBSD unhappy.  (Their nameserver approach works fine with
Windows and Mac OS, though).

To keep the DHCP nameserver from overwriting /etc/resolv.conf on boot you
need to comment out the make resolv.conf section in the dhclient-script,
like so:

#make_resolv_conf() {
#  echo search $new_domain_name >/etc/resolv.conf
#  for nameserver in $new_domain_name_servers; do
#    echo nameserver $nameserver >>/etc/resolv.conf
#  done
#}

Tim