Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:11:42 -0500
From:      Dave Dunaway <bela@nivek.org>
To:        Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Brian Sobolak <sobolak@mindspring.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: samba problem...

Take advantage of Samba's logging...in the smb.conf set

log level = 3

Or when you start it up add a -d 3 argument. This will show you
some funky stuff in the logs. You can go up to 10 but that is usually
not needed. Level 3 should tell you quite plainly what the boo-boo
is.

HTH.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 03:46:45AM -0800, Bsd Neophyte wrote:

> > 1.  Any info in the logs, e.g. /var/log/smb.log or nmd.log?
>
> What would i look for in the log file?
>
> > 2.  Have you tried connecting by IP, e.g. map a drive to
> > <IP>\<Sharename>?  Helps to test connectivity
>
> Tried this... and it doesn't work... :/
>
> > 3.  What version of windows are you running?
>
> This is a problem on both my Win98se and Win2kPro machines.
>
> -Sameer

Dave.

bela@nivek.org
Head Trauma Victim