Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 16:29:10 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Alan Lundin <aflundi@lundin.abq.nm.us>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5r -> current upgrade

In message <199610301317.GAA13054@lundin.abq.nm.us> Alan Lundin writes:
:    * "make world" takes a really, really long time!

On my 486DX2/66 + VLB Ultrastor controller + 32M it is between 9 and
10 hours.  I'd really like to see an 82 minute make world, but I don't
have the $6k it takes to get the hardware to do that :-(.

Warner

P.S.  I am looking at spending $1k to get a dual pentium 133 system,
which might have a decent shot at coming close to at least 2 hour mark
:-), assuming the tree is make -j able.