Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:21:49 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>, <emulation@FreeBSD.org>, <alpha@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: linux_base ports broken on alpha 5.0

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
To: <emulation@FreeBSD.org>; <alpha@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 2:49 PM
Subject: linux_base ports broken on alpha 5.0

> http://beta.freebsd.org/errorlogs/5-latest/linux_base-7.1_1.log
> http://beta.freebsd.org/errorlogs/5-latest/linux_base-6.1_3.log
>
> Someone needs to fix this before 5.0

Funny you mention this.  I was just struggling with building linux_base
on an alpha running 4.7-RELEASE-p1.  I'm getting the same errors.  I've
gone to the Red Hat site and found the current version of glibc-common
is glibc-common-2.2.4-31.alpha.rpm.  I don't really understand the
details of ports but I tried finding the 'glibc-common' line in the
Makefile and changing it to the current version.  This (of course) broke
checksums.  I couldn't figure out how that worked but passed '-M
NO_CHECKSUM=YES" to portinstall and tried again.  The build progressed
up to the point where it tried to kldload linux and then failed with a
'file not found' message.

So now I'm stuck but maybe this is enough to make it easy for someone to
fix?

Cheers,

Drew