Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 00:15:20 -0700
From:      leblancp@cuug.ab.ca
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installing with CR-563 Pan. on Sb16 interface

     Hi there!  I have been having a LOT of problems getting the FreeBSD
install to recognize my CR-563 Panasonic cdrom connected through my
Sound Blaster 16 sound card.  I read in the hardware documentation about
problems with the port settings for that device in the default kernel.  I
tried the "set the port to -1" workaround and that did not work.  My Cdrom
has worked fine under Dos and OS/2 with a port setting of 0x220 for about
2 years now, but setting the matcdc driver to that address doesn't work
either.  Do you know of a workaround for this bug that has worked for others
in this situation?  Any advice on this would be really appreciated.
Thanks, Patrick