Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:57:21 -0800
From:      Michael DeMan <michael@staff.openaccess.org>
To:        Alex Moura <alex@rnp.br>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD jails administration tools

Hi,

At one time or another we have used a variety of the ports based jail
management tools, including trying to manage jails via webmin.

At the end of the day, we have simply found it easiest (on FBSD5.4
anyway) to just use the regular startup script stuff and manage the
jails manually.

Right now the ports toolset for jail management is really chaotic and
do not play nice with each other.

This is not a knock on the developers by any means, even having any
jail tools in the ports system is a good thing, but all the work just
needs to be consolidate into one or two packages.

My 2-cents anyway.

Michael F. DeMan
Director of Technology
OpenAccess Network Services