Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:08:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: quickcam .. my kernel qcam driver fails to find it, but

> xfqcam, running directly to the ports I guess, works fine..
> qcamcontrol of course cannot work as the driver did not probe,
> so I have no command-line script drivable way of getting an image..
>
> does anyone have any ideas?

I didn't follow the thread up to now so I don't know
why the kernel doesn't find the camera. I see no other way
at the moment than taking pictures from the shell using qcamcontrol -
I just tried it here (qcamcontrol -d 4 | pnmtotiff >file.tif ; xv file.tif).

So why doesn't your kernel see the camera?

I have:

device          qcam0   at isa? port "IO_LPT1" tty
device          lpt1    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr

And consequently:

qcam0 at 0x378 on isa
qcam0: unidirectional parallel port
lpt1 at 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa
lpt1 not probed due to I/O address conflict with qcam0 at 0x378