Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:52:14 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Mark Russell <freebsd@mark.net.au>
Cc:        "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: submitting a port

--==========FA37B0B4100D5EF76487==========

--On Tuesday, September 09, 2003 01:48:01 +1000 Mark Russell=20
<freebsd@mark.net.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>

>> --On Monday, September 08, 2003 08:36:56 -0700 "Hay, Russell"
>> <Russell.Hay@wwireless.com> wrote:
>>
>> > ahh All the bored college kids home from school?
>> dunno who or why, but there was MASSIVE (I.E. 1000's of PR's) abuse, so
>> they
>> turned it off.
>>
>> It's a real shame :-(
>
> doesn't explain why they stopped accepting PR's from unresolved IP's
> though, use your standard BL's but a blanket ban is stupid, like most
> telco's
Again, too much abuse.

My mailserver whines a lot about no reverse DNS.  Why can't the ISP in=20
question
just put up generic forward/reverse on their dynamic IP's?

We (Internet America, Inc/Dallas, TX US/My Employer) do.

LER

>> LER

--=20

--==========FA37B0B4100D5EF76487==========