Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:18:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Putinas <pilkis@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sata stripe & dual boot

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Putinas wrote:

> Just a quick question, I have setup SATA stripe from two disks, and I have
> 3 partitions 4Gb each and the rest for data storing. If I boot in freebsd
> from cdrom, I see two empty disks ad4 and ad6 and I guess if I create
> something I will mess up with my raid setup.

How did you set up the stripe?  It sounds like your SATA RAID controller's
format is not currently supported.

> Only one way what I could think off it would be to use atacontrol
> _before_ the installation to create exactly same stripe, and probably
> then I would see real filesystems on ar0. Or maybe there is any other
> way of easy ( or not ) doing this ?

1. Boot into sysinstall and drop into fixit mode with the CD. That gets
you atacontrol. Atacontrol away.
2. Reboot and sysinstall should see your ar* devices.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org