Date:      Thu, 12 May 2005 17:10:40 +0200
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for Testers: sysutils/ndistool

--=-Dqhvw0LOd6SBSBgOkUPo

Le Jeudi 12 mai 2005 =E0 10:01 -0500, Scot Hetzel a =E9crit :
> On 5/12/05, Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org> wrote:
> > > 2. A user may have a couple of different ndis using device installed.
> > > It would be nice if the installed if_ndis could be renamed when
> > > installed.
> >=20
> >        I'm not much into kern stuff, but I think ndis/if_ndis is quite
> >        hardcoded in the driver so renaming if_ndis.ko to
> >        if_ndis_{id}.ko wouldn't help, since it'll only load once. I
> >        wondered how I could use ndis with two different drivers but
> >        haven't found an answer. I'm not sure too if I need to keep .sys
> >        and .inf file once the ndiscvt step is ok.
> >=20
> >        I hope there's not much people with more than one ndis device,
> >        usually you'll use it with an embedded wlan chip (centrino
> >        laptops) or with an unsupported pci/pcmcia/cardbus card. I guess
> >        people wouldn't want to buy unsupported hardware twice. Btw
> >        that's a good point.
> >=20
> You may want to read Bill Paul's up coming changes to the driver:
>=20
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-April/048957.html

	I dropped him an email to have answers for the two questions=20
	above. This gives me some answers. I'll try to see if I can work
	with him on ndistool (or win2bsd.sh or whatever the name).

	I'm not reading -current, thanks a lot.

--=20
Florent Thoumie
flz@xbsd.org