Date:      Mon, 02 Nov 1998 12:41:57 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another compile error

> I disagree.  I think it would be very good if more people had their
> sources in non-standard location, as it make it more likely that
> somebody introducing a new location dependency get caught.  Bruce
> did a lot of work to eliminate all the dependencies on the location.

That's fine advice for experienced FreeBSD developers.  This poor
fellow has already been through the mill just trying to get a make
world to complete.  The last thing we want for him is one more
potential source of problems.

John
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken