Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:59:36 +0200
From:      "Daniel A." <alive@dienub.org>
To:        Rico <coolzone@io.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Unix Haters Handbook

Rico wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I had not before seen this book, but doing some Unix research I found it
> at http://research.microsoft.com/~daniel/uhh-download.html
>
> Loving Unix I found the book hilarious and quite entertaining and still
> containing some truth. The chapter about the "rm" command is very funny
> because everybody has tried that mistake once.
>
> Anyway, wanted to share my discovery. I know many knows this book, but
> perhaps many also don't.
>
> Best and kind regards,
> Rico

Heh, yes. Nice book.
However, I don't understand many of the criticisms pointed at Unix in
the book. A lot of the things which the book points out as being "bad"
are things I love so much about Unix. Many of the quirks in commands
doing tasks which they point out, have never been problematic for me either.
Maybe some would say that I am in denial, but I know what that feeling
is when I login to my server and see my motd greeting me every morning.
I think it's love.

PS. No cross-posting please.