Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:07:32 -0800
From:      Keith Davis <shadowcrest@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Invalid information in make.conf for FreeBSD 5.2 RELEASE

I copied the example make.conf to my /etc directory and modified it to
my system settings. However, in make.conf, under the CVSUP section, it
specifies to edit supfile settings and then run make update in /usr/src.
However,  when i cd to /usr/src and run make update it reports "make:
don't know how to make update. Stop". Just thought that it would be
important to either fix this or remove it as it might lead to a source
of confusion for newbies trying to update sources.

Thanks,
Keith