Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:15:11 -0700
From:      "Garrett Cooper" <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sebastian_Tymk=F3w?=" <sebastian.tymkow@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.0 own installation

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 6:27 AM, Sebastian Tymk=F3w
<sebastian.tymkow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to create my own installation disk.
> Is there any solution to create own release without in example sendmail.
> I made some scripts and included them in /usr/src/release/Makefile
> to install some ports to iso ( I know I can do post-install but for some
> reasons
> I'd like to do it).
> Maybe there is better solution to create bootable iso than using make
> release
> which creates chroot environment and recreate world once again ?
> Another question, is there any possibility to simply add gjournal to
> sysinstall to use it during installation?
> I wan't to create as easy installation as is possible ( I don't want to p=
lay
> with fixit mode).
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sebastian Tymkow

I'd read `man src.conf' (note the WITHOUT_* variables), and you
probably should ask this type of a question on questions@ next time
(it's a bit more fitting to be discussed there). Apart from that you
should be able to grab whatever binaries you want with custom scripts,
similar to what NanoBSD [1] does...

Good luck though,
-Garrett

1. http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/nanobsd/index.html