Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:45:08 -0800
From:      Mike Makonnen <mtm@identd.net>
To:        leafy <leafy@leafy.idv.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Confused by mpd and ipnat

--Il7n/DHsA0sMLmDu

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 11:24:59AM +0800, leafy wrote:
> I finally got over this one. The problem is that mpd needs a very long ti=
me
> for PPPoE negotiation, thus if we run ipnat reload before it's settled, t=
hat
> will be totally useless. So I moved the mpd startup script to
> PREFIX/etc/rc.d/000.mpd.sh and the ipnat reload in zzz.ipnat_reload.sh and
> VIOLA!
>=20
> Putting them in the same script does not work, maybe this could be improv=
ed?

How could this not work? Are you starting it in the background? Must be.
I'm assuming that you don't want to run them serially
because it would take too long to startup your system so you use some sort
of mechanism (like the -background option to ppp(8)) to run it in the backg=
round.
I would suggest that you do something like this:
( mpd -foreground; /etc/rc.d/ipnat reload ) &

=2E.. unless it is not possible for some reason.

Cheers.
--=20
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm@identd.net | Fingerprint: D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC=