Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:26:21 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd bios.

In message <Pine.SGI.4.10.10006151616100.175399-100000@acl.lanl.gov>, Ronald G
Minnich writes:

>So, I repeat: easily done, not acceptable to freebsd core.

Uhm, Ron, I have not seen freebsd core take a stand on this,
and I'm a core team member, so I'm pretty sure they havn't.

I also doubt that they ever would do so.

Remember: Nobody carries so much weight in the FreeBSD project
that they can *prevent* somebody from doing something like this.

If you or others feel this is worthwhile and interesting, you should
just go work on it.  You don't need to get "permission" from anybody.

Don't get all upset because one or two people come across a bit
grumpy on email.

FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe