Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 1996 12:54:06 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Andreas Kohout <shanee@rabbit.augusta.de>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port of TkCVS & Tkdiff

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Andreas Kohout wrote:

> > > I'll try to see if it works with tk4.1 and repost.
> >
> > sorry, your tkcvs is out of date, 6.0 is released.
> >
> > I made a port by myself, don4t know that you did one. Sorry again.
> >
> > I send my port to Chuck ...
>
> And I'm going to commit it.  Geeze, Narvi does a port and it lasts less

That's OK.

> than a week.  I hope you don't feel bad about that, Narvi.  I wouldn't
> even have accepted this from Andreas, except he started working on it at
> about the same time (I would have told him to ask you to do it!)  The
> timing is _so_ close this time ...

It would have lasted longer if FreeBSD.org had a mail forwarder in Europe
for about three weeks - I have over 20 mail responses still in my INBOX
sent back after having timed out after 5 days. Anyways, I could not even
have updated the port myself as the version number on the tkcvs file on
ftp.neosoft.com (the alcatel mirror) still reads 6.0a1.

Anyways, I am going to upload some other frontends in a couple of days -
anyone working on Tix, tk file browser and mail frontends please let me
know - no need to waste time.

	Sander