Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 04:06:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lawrence Farr <l.farr@epcdirect.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12 when running mergemaster.

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Lawrence Farr wrote:

> I did a cvsup this morning built and installed world and kernel.
> While running mergemaster I got:

> And always at the same file
>
> ./share/doc/psd/27.nfsrfc missing (created)
>
> I swapped the memory, drive cables, processor etc, but always got the
> same result.
> After about 10 different runs, and always getting the same result,
> I started to suspect something software based. Looking in /var,
> I realised that /var/tmp was symlinked to /usr/tmp.
> Creating a /var/tmp directory fixed the problem completely, and I
> finished mergemaster.
>
> Just for the hell of it, I deleted the dir, and symlinked it again, and
> got exactly the same fault, in exactly the same place.
>
> Any ideas why? Should I open a PR, or does this sound like a bust
> install?

	Are you still experiencing this problem? FYI, it's definitely not
a problem with mergemaster itself, since the directory creation you
describe above is part of the /usr/src/etc/Makefile run.

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?