Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:30:25 -0400
From:      Rob Szarka <szlists@szarka.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP 5.1.4 w/ mysqli dumps core - SOLVED?

At 09:51 PM 6/29/2006, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>>The CLI version of PHP dumps core when run with the mysqli
>>extension enabled. Similarly, Apache crashes when being restarted
>>with PHP and the mysqli extension (not loading the PHP modile or
>>not enabling mysqli fixes the problem). Haven't tested the CGI version.
>>
>>Here are the relevant versions in my installation:
>>
>>PHP 5.1.4
>>php5-mysqli-5.1.4
>>FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0
>>Apache 2.2
>>
>>Is this a known issue? (And, if so, is there a known fix?) I'm
>>pretty new to using the ports collection (vs. doing the tarball
>>thing), so I'm not sure if there's some place in particular I
>>should be looking for and/or making a bug report on this issue,
>>outside of the more general PHP bug database.
>
>And what version of MySQL do you have installed? I have the exact as
>above, plus FreeBSD 6.1 and MySQL 5.0.22 running just fine on
>several production machines.

MySQL is 5.1.11

I did just "solve" the problem. Having read
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-28681.html ,
which notes a similar problem with the php5-mysql (not mysqli)
extension, I did a "make && make deinstall && make reinstall" on
first net/php5-sockets and then
/databases/php5-mysqli.

PHP no longer dumps core. I have no insight as to what this
fixed--totally cargo cult configuration on my part. So, maybe this is
still an issue with the port that demands attention. (If it was
something I did, it would at least be good to know what, so I don't
do it again... ;)