Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:41:33 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Quoting zDARKz <sadmaster@inbox.ru>:
 [000918 14:08]:
#>Hello freebsd-questions,
#>
#>  i want to install freebsd but i afraid that my windows98 will crash
#>  is it true?

Any paricular reason why you think this will happen?
It WILL NOT happen since FreeBSD really has nothing to do with Windows,
not unless you're assuming that FreeBSD is some kind of application for
Windows, which itis not. What you're looking at is a situation where
you'll be running multiple OS in your box, and FreeBSD has a boot Manager
which,if you install, will let you decide what to boot. Just be careful
about the partition you intend to use for FreeBSD. I suggest to install it
on unformatted space on your disk...that way you do not stand a chance of
messing, especially because you might get confused when FreeBSD installer
asks you to choose a partition on which to install.

+wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

Let others praise ancient times. I'm glad I was born in these. -Ovid