Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 2003 18:21:10 +0000
From:      Luis Neves <lneves@netcabo.pt>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>, David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lyx with QT frontend is broken (Solved)

On Sunday 09 March 2003 14:25, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 06:10:21 -0800 (PST)
> David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello David and Luis,
>
> > What is /bin/uic?
> >
> > checking for moc... /usr/X11R6/bin/moc
> > checking for uic... /bin/uic
> > checking for Qt library name... -lqt-mt
>
> uic is the `Qt user interface compile', how come it get detected as
> /bin/uic ?

I have no idea. /bin/uic is a directory with some text files in it. I have no
clue what is and what is doing there.

> Luis, did you install another version of Qt on your own, i.e.
> without using ports?

No.

>I'd bet that this is the cause of the problem.
> Could you remove/rename that on in /bin and try again?

I renamed /bin/uic and that solves the compilation problem and LyX is working
well with the QT frontend.

> Btw, David, thanks for helping on this.

Yes, thank you both very much.
Sorry if my whining disrupted your weekend in any way.

Best regards,
Luis Neves