Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:44:31 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: c-mode in vi

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 06:00:56PM -0800, R Joseph Wright wrote:
> Awhile back I was using vi to write c++ programs and it had the cool
> feature of going into "c-mode" automatically whenever I entered [vi
> file.cpp].  It would do automatic indentation for me.
> About a month ago, I reinstalled my system, and vi no longer does this.
> I'm pretty sure I was using vim or vile, but i've tried vim, vile,
> elvis, and nvi and I can't get this feature to work anymore.  Is there a
> script I can use to enable this feature?
> Also, I like the feel of vim but the backspace and delete keys are
> switched around.  I can't use it like that.  Anyone know how to fix
> that?

If you look in the /usr/local/share/vim directory you can see that there
are a new subdirectory named after the version of vin you use (at least
that was the case for me) I did symlinks to the /usr/local/share/vim for
all the items in the new directory. Then it started working.

Maybe this is something for the vim port maintainer to look at.

> --
> R Joseph Wright
>
> I was getting out of a...I believe I was
> getting out of something.  Bill Callahan.

                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)