Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 1997 09:05:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        questions list FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dump produces setsockopt error. Why?

Hi,

Sometimes, but not always, when using dump to do a backup between to
FreeBSD boxes I get the error

itsdsv3.enc.edu: Connection refused
TCP_MAXSEG setsockopt: Bad file descriptor

(itsdsv3 is the remote host, of course)

Any ideas as to what's causing this?  Both hosts are running 2.1-stable
(just slightly pre-2.1.5-RELEASE... yes, I know, I need to upgrade).

Thanks,
---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx