Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:05:30 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad R40 Followup ACPI/APM/AGP under 5.1

Minor correction to my previous post.  Got the rc.resume thing working fine
now.  Duh!  A little reading of the vidcontrol man page goes a long ways :)

vidcontrol -s 9 < /dev/ttyv0

Things are still just a little iffy with kdm in play.  Still working out the
details here.  One notable glitchy is the power down request doesn't actually
shut off the power.  I can reboot from kdm though.  Go figure.

Both power down and reboot were working under 4.8.  Guessing there's just some
funky config tweak still left to dig out.

Michael Collette wrote:
> I went and jumped in with both feet into 5.1-CURRENT here with this
> Thinkpad
> R40 in the hopes that I could get the power management working.  Some
> interesting, if not mixed results.

Later on,
--
"Always listen to experts.  They'll tell you what can't be done, and why.
Then do it."