Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 23:28:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86Setup

BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA> wrote:
> I can't get trough the setup process of X free86.
> After running XF86Setup, it tries to run the Xserver and and
> completely
> distoorted images appears. The screen seems to be shrink in horizontal
> andspawn in multiple copies on the screen.
It sounds like you are over driving your monitor.  Check the horizontal
and vertical frequency specifications and enter then on the appropriate
line on the monitor configuration screen.  Make sure that you have
selected the correct card when running XF86Setup.

After XF86Setup is run does xvidtune automatically come up?  Do you have
a sym link to the correct xserver in /usr/X11R6/bin?