Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:24:32 -0500
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>, John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        garman@earthling.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG, julian@whistle.com, wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Subject:   Re: The infamous dying daemons bug

On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 07:59:34PM -0500, Brian Feldman wrote:

> According to these e-mails, I have been attempting the same scenarios,
> but without the same effects.

Just out of curiosity, Brian, what processor and motherboard/chipset do you
have? I think that, while we have looked at processors, we haven't examined
motherboards.

FWIW, I have a AMD K6-2 and an Acer Aladdin IV+ chipset, and I have seen
inetd go into "junk pointer" mode before. It was after Netscape munched all
my swap.

--
Lee Cremeans -- Manassas, VA, USA  (WakkyMouse on DALnet and WTnet)
A! JW223 YWD+++^ri P&B++ SL+++^i GDF B&M KK--i MD+++i P++ I++++ Did