Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:11:59 +0300
From:      Marin Atanasov Nikolov <dnaeon@gmail.com>
To:        kde@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   x11/kde4 and rc.d scripts started twice

Hello,

Yesterday I've installed x11/kde4 and enabled KDM according to the
Handbook, which needs 2 new lines added to /etc/rc.conf. [1]

local_startup="${local_startup} /usr/local/kde4/etc/rc.d"
kdm4_enable="YES"

After a reboot of the machine I've noticed that rc.d scripts are
started twice, which is not normal..

According to ports/UPDATING entry 20111016, this should have been
fixed and removing the below line fixes that behaviour:

local_startup="${local_startup} /usr/local/kde4/etc/rc.d"

Could you please update the Handbook as well, so that new users are
not confused by this behaviour?

Thanks,
Marin

--