Date:      Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:37:34 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP!!! Problems with Xorg configuration

On Tuesday 09 of August 2005 01:18, 897344 wrote:
> Dear Sirs.
>  I have installed FreeBSD 5.4 on my computer. But i couldn't configure X
> windows system. I have installed xorg, kde and gnome from my discs. But
> xorg is not working.
>  My video card: GeForce MX4000
> Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 793DF
>  When i open xorg.conf file (# xorgcfg -textmode) I choose for monitor
> option: 30 - 70; Monitor that can do 1280x1024 @ 65 Hz
>  But i was unsucsessful to join gnome or kde.
>  What can i do????
>  Waiting for your help.
>  Best regards.

Can you tell a bit more specific at what point things fail. Does 'startx'
work? You can find documentation about installing and configuring X in
Hanbook - The X Window System chapter:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html

Both GNOME and KDE also have some documentation specific to them:

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/
http://freebsd.kde.org/

Perhaps those would be of help.

Dejan