Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:47:32 -0500
From:      Andrew_Fleming/FHSU%FHSU@fhsu.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hardware and Backup Software questions

Does anyone have any comments about Mylex Raid 1164 controller.  It looks
like 4.0 supports this controller.

Does anyone have any experience with an A-Open DX6G+ (Dual PIII 440GX)
motherboard, and using an SMP kernel.  We will only have one 600 Mhz
processor in it at this time, but it I add a second processor, will FreeBSD
use it with this board.

Final question.  We are looking are getting a complete backup solution for
our UNIX and NT servers.  Right now the software that would be used on the
clients looks like it is going to be a Legato product.  Does anyone have
any experience with Legato products and does anyone know if they have
software for FreeBSD.

Thanks in advance

Andrew Fleming
Fort Hays State University Computing Center
Phone: (785) 628-4433
E-mail: afleming@fhsu.edu