Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 22:54:11 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: almost there with pccard stuff

> May 13 20:26:32 top cardd[167]: Resource allocation failure for AD PC_CARD
>
> May 13 20:26:00 top cardd[167]: Resource allocation failure for CNet

Are you sure all of the 'resources' you claim are available are actually
available to you?

> /etc/pccard.conf:
>
> io      0x240-0x360
> # Generally available IRQs
> irq     3 10 11
> # Available memory slots
> memory  0xd4000 96k
> memory  0xc8000 32k

So far so good.

> #Cardinal MVIP288 Modem
> card "AD PC_CARD" "RC288ACL"
>         config  0x13 "sio2" 3
>
> #Info Express Combo
> card "CNet  " "CN30BC"
>         ether   0x110
>         config  0x3 "ed0" 10 0x10
>         insert  echo InfoExpress Ethernet inserted
>         remove  echo InfoExpress Ethernet removed
>
> And the pccardd program seems reasonably pleased with the config.

Do you have an ed0 config line in your kernel config file?  What's your
bootup line look like?

> I had some troubles with the man pages.  For example, the card
> line seems to have a third option called 'class' but when I put
> it in (say tty, for the modem), the pccardd program complains
> about the syntax eventhough it matches the example in the man page.

The user-land stuff is fairly obtuse, and all my free time to work on it
is gone now.  However, I'm hoping someone else will pick up the slack
since we're about 90% of the way there.

> I'm also not altogether certain which version I should be working
> with.  At the moment I'm working with what you get when you
> sup -current.

That's a pretty good starting point.

Nate