Date:      Sun, 2 Oct 2016 11:04:37 +0000
From:      Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
To:        "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6722@twc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, gecko@freebsd.org, matthew@reztek.cz
Subject:   Re: Seamonkey and QupZilla need update?

On Sun, 02 Oct 2016 08:00:03 +0000
"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6722@twc.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> What is the status of www/seamonkey and prospect of updating from 2.39 to the current 2.40, which was released from upstream on March 14, 2016?
>
> What makes me nervous is my bank saber-rattling about needing a more current browser.
>
> Seamonkey 2.39 worked on this bank, now it blocks me with error message about my browser not being up-to-date; Seamonkey still works for other online financial services.
>
> I figure either the bank website doesn't like Seamonkey, though Firefox also appears in the user-agent string, or doesn't like FreeBSD, insisting on Windows or Mac.
>
> I also have www/qupzilla-qt4 1.8.9, see on qupzilla.com that current version is 2.0.1.  I have used qupzilla-qt4 1.8.9, but it seems less robust that Seamonkey 2.39.  Reason for my interest is the ability to fudge the user-agent string; I believe Xombrero and Midori also have this ability.
>
> If I have to build qupzilla anew, hopefully updated, I might switch to qupzilla-qt5.

For Seamonkey, I think the gecko@ team needs fresh blood.

About update of Qupzilla (2.0.x), it depends of Qt 5.6, this update was pushed 2 weeks ago (revision r422306 [1]), unfortunately it also requires QtWebEngine not yet in ports tree (see comment log).

Regards,

[1] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/?view=log&pathrev=422306