Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:56:18 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <o.hartmann@walstatt.org>
To:        Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: r316958: booting a server takes >10 minutes!

--Sig_/J31ASitu_82ZEq.agIWTyOP

Am Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:19:02 -0400
Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org> schrieb:

> On 2017-04-15 07:53, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > Recent CURRENT running on a server makes the system booting in multiuse=
r mode booting
> > incredibly slow! On a machine, before I interrupted the booting process=
 hanging in
> > starting postgresql 9.6.2 server, it took > 10 minutes.
> >=20
> > Due to a serious bug in CURRENT, I had to disable BPF_JITTER via sysctl
> > net.bpf_jitter.enable=3D0
> >=20
> > The box also is a syslog "receiving" server for other hosts, syslogd's =
option "-s"
> > isn't used (just for the record).
> >=20
> > I'm back to r316717 now which boots the box fine.
> >=20
> > Booting in single-user mode is also quick as expected.
> >=20
> > oh
> >  =20
>=20
> Is it stalled in a specific place?
>=20

No. It seems erratic and involves diffrent services which are about to be s=
tarted. slapd,
mountd for instance take longer as expected, postgresql takes a very long t=
ime, usually I
have to terminate starting via Ctrl-C. But longest seems to be postgresql. =
Ctrl-C kills
starting, but then, something spins forever and Ctrl-T says, that "sh" does=
 something -
not sure what or I didn't remember. I switched back to a working revision.

oh

--=20
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder =C3=9Cbermittlung meiner Daten f=C3=BCr
Werbezwecke oder f=C3=BCr die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (=C2=A7 28 Abs.=
 4 BDSG).