Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:43:03 -0500
From:      Chen Xu <xuc@saturn.med.nyu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Q: mount ext2fs, mdir d:

Hi all,

Have a couple of questions about mounting linux ext2fs partition.

1)I am using 2.2.7. The mount_ext2fs is not working yet. I checked kernel
config file. GENERIC doesn' have a line of 'option ext2fs'. Should I
simply add this line and rebuild the kernel? 2.2.7 must have this function
to mount ext2, right?

2) any risk to write to ext2 partition? I mean to damage the linux
partion?

Also I have a question to access DOS partition.

I have 2 primary DOS (win95) partions locate on first partition of my both
IDE drives. I have no problem to access first one using mtools, say C. But
when I do

	mdir d:

I got message saying can not initialte the disk or something like that.
What's it?

Your'e advices are appreciated.

Chen