Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:46:56 +0200
From:      Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   java/diablo-jdk15 vs. java/jdk15

Hi there,

can yozu tell me, what ist the difference between java/diablo-jdk15
and java/jdk15?

,----[ java/diablo-jdk15/pgk-descr ]

`----

,----[ java/jdk15/pgk-descr ]
| This is the latest JDK 1.5.0 patchset from the Java 2 FreeBSD porting
| project.  This port allows you to easily build a native JDK1.5.0 for FreeBSD.
|
| Please note that due to the current Sun licensing policy the resulting binaries
| can't be distributed and you are only permitted to use/hack it personally.
| Due to the same reasons you have to manually fetch the source code and patchset
| for FreeBSD.
|
| WWW: http://www.freebsd.org/java/
|      http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/index.html
|      http://www.sun.com/software/communitysource/java2/
`----

Okay, imagine that I have manually fetched the source code files.

What ist the fiference between:

1) cd /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk15 && make install
and
2) cd /usr/ports/java/jdk15 && make install

Heino