Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 2016 14:33:27 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Henrik_Lidstr=c3=b6m?= <freebsd@lidstrom.eu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 10-STABLE hangups frequently

Just want to chip in that I also experience the same issue. This is my
home firewall running squid/unbound/isc-bind/isc-dhcpd/pf/zfs.
Have a couple of tmpfs and NFSv4 mounts.
Was about to order new hardware since I thought it might be failing,
lol. Haven't had time to hook up a monitor/console, but generate some
load on the machine after a day or so of uptime and it feels as IO has
just stuck and a reboot is necessery. Actually managed to update it
yesterday, after a pre-reboot procedure.

I have noticed vfs.numvnodes constanly rising to maxvnodes, so I bump
that a bit.

# uname -a
FreeBSD brand.henriklidstrom.se 10.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 10.3-PRERELEASE
#15 r295126M: Mon Feb  1 22:16:50 CET 2016
root@brand.henriklidstrom.se:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BRAND  amd64
# sysctl -a | grep vnodes
kern.maxvnodes: 300000
kern.minvnodes: 75000