Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Note for New Users

I just revised the guide for users new to both FreeBSD and Unix and
will post it here in a subsequent message in its entirety (it prints
out to about 10 pages).

It's updated a bit and now has a section on installing a new shell.

It can be found at
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/newuser/newuser.html
and on my own server at
http://andrsn.stanford.edu/FreeBSD/newuser.html

When accessed from the above locations and then printed from
Netscape or IE, the formatting is retained and it's much clearer
than when the formatting is stripped for an e-mail message.

This guide would have answered several questions posted here in
the last few days, and I imagine there are people reading the list
who have a lot of basic questions.  If you're in this situation and
find the guide useful (and it hasn't come to your attention before),
I'd appreciate knowing; I don't want to post this here and succeed
only in annoying the many here who have long since mastered what
it covers.

	Annelise